Ten Tips For a Perfectly Landscaped Garden!
Whether you have five acres of lush green space, or a small backyard, you can create your own personal oasis to retreat to on warm summer evenings, or after a hard day’s work. There is nothing like the sights and sounds of a garden to inspire calm and stillness into your soul.
If you are looking for ways to create your own personal oasis, here are 10 tips and strategies you can implement:
1) Determine your budget; This needs to project not only creation costs, but maintenance costs as well.
2) Think about your likes and dislikes; look through magazines, walk around your neighborhood and watch some gardening shows. Make notes on which plants you like, which accents you want included and what type of lighting you prefer.
3) Plan with your climate in mind; if your climate has four seasons, choose plants that will bloom in each season. This will ensure that you have a colorful view all year long. For example, plant Daffodils for spring blooms, Lilies for summer blooms, and Mums for fall blooms.
4) Consider installing a small pond or fountain. The sound of water falling is one of the most peaceful and soothing sounds you can listen to. You can fill your pond with small fish and tadpoles.
5) Create a pathway to your garden using solar lights, such as moon rays. This ensures safety when you are in your garden at night.
6) Depending on how much space you have, you may want to place a park-like bench or a round table and chairs where you have a clear view of your garden.
7) Use a variety of colors and species of plants and flowers. Choose vibrant yellows, bright oranges, deep purples and radiant reds to make your garden glow at any time of the day or night.
8) Consider whether you want to maintain an organic or non-organic garden. There is no right or wrong; but you will have to implement different strategies for each type.
9) Are you going to maintain your garden yourself, or are you going to hire professionals? Make sure you consider this when you are creating your budget.
10) Enjoy it! Take the time and enjoy your creation. When you have had a hard day, or want a few quiet minutes to yourself, or want to spend a romantic evening with your spouse after the kids go to bed, make sure you take the time to enjoy what you have designed and created.